Monday, October 8, 2012

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda

Well, a couple of weeks back I blogged a Work Table Wednesday post about a request for a bracelet. I posted a photo of the work in progress and then delivered it to its recipient the following day. Now, this is a bracelet that I made for the first time over a year ago. It was one of those pieces that as you work on it, you just know there is something awesome coming together. Well, I put the bracelet on my wrist when I was done, to test the look and feel of it. The intention was to photograph and list it for sale, but I found myself not wanting to take it off. I have since been wearing it almost every single day. Once I made the bracelet for someone else who expressed interest in it, it has garnered much more attention than I originally expected. I mean, I knew it was a pretty bracelet and I have made others in the same style with a different color scheme, but none of them seem to get the same "OMG! Where did you get that?" reaction.

This is the finished product:



I finally decided to make another and list it in my Etsy shop. It sold in ten minutes. The next night at the Journey concert I had a lady request that I make her one and reserve it for her. I have since done so and also relisted another just in case. It left me wondering, what would have happened if I hadn't been so stingy and just listed it in the first place all that time ago? How many would I have actually sold between then and now? Maybe not enough to retire on of course, but, man...that's what I get for hoarding it, huh?

I think some earrings to go with it may be on the horizon. So, stay tuned!


**Update**

I was wrong. I was contacted recently by a customer who loves hers so much she requested one to be made custom. Imagine that.







No comments:

Post a Comment