Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Up At The Crack of Dawn

The other day we had some rainy weather. A cold front was coming in so it was expected and, as is customary, I was prepared. I had my rain boots ready to go. What I wasn't prepared for was the biggest rainbow I have seen since our trip to Vieques! I think this had to be the biggest one yet. If I hadn't looked out the bedroom window at just the right moment, I would have missed it. Thankfully,  that day, I had just enough time to snatch my camera and try to get at least one picture. Unfortunately, by the time I got outside, the rain was too heavy to risk getting the camera wet. This wouldn't be good, so I did the best I could from the front porch.


The next day, Lola Pooper, my lovely little pit bull decided to start squawking before dawn for me to let her out of the kennel. It's this horrendous racket that sounds like someone is beating a baby sea lion to death in the next room, not fun. I was pretty annoyed, as I have been dealing with some serious bouts of insomnia lately, but once I was awake it was a done deal. There was no going back to sleep for me. So, I got up and got dressed and let her out the front door. I intended to go make coffee but as soon as I saw the sky, I decided to grab the camera. Again. The pink clouds in the sky just looked so pretty that I spent that first hour running around taking pictures of the sky with Lola chasing behind me. I couldn't really get any good shots of the sun coming up because the cloudy sky was hiding it, so now I'm on a mission to get it done. I'm sure my neighbors who were all getting ready to leave for work had to think I was nuts for running around in the field taking pictures of clouds, but I didn't care and Lola was having fun playing. Needless to say, by the time I was ready for coffee,  I wasn't so mad at her anymore for making such a fuss.





I love this place. I really do!



No comments:

Post a Comment